Comics Experience Publishing, LLC recognizes the privacy concerns of visitors to its site on the Internet. Specifically, we recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected about our visitors. As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address or email address, is automatically collected from visitors to our site. We may collect certain non-personal information used only to optimize our web pages for your computer (i.e., the identity of your Internet browser and the type of operating system you use). We may also use non-personal information to determine the total number of visitors to our website.
Personally-identifiable information about visitors to the Comics Experience Publishing, LLC site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. In those instances when we do collect such information, the following applies:
Policies for Individuals Under the Age of 18
Comics Experience Publishing, LLC encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the interactive activities offered on this site. No information should be submitted to web sites by visitors under 18 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
We do not seek nor will we knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
We will notify you when we are collecting personally identifiable information about you, as well as the uses we intend to make of that information. For example, when you sign up for an account on this website we need to collect your information.
Information we Collect
We may collect certain personal information from you in connection with your activities at CEXpublishing.com, such as when you shop on our website or register as a user. This information may include:
- Payment card or other financial account information
- Contact and Billing Information (including name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number)
- Date of Birth
- Geolocation Data
- Other Personal Information you provide to us on our Website or when you interact with us in other ways, both online and offline.
- Additionally, we or companies acting on our behalf may collect certain computer and browser information through automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons when you visit our Website. A “cookie” is a file that a website sends to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to identify the browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
The information collected using these tools may include your IP address, browser characteristics, operating system, the address of the web page that referred you to our Website, dates and times of Website visits, the language your system uses, and the country and time zone in which your device is located. These automated technologies also permit the collection of “clickstream data,” which may include a log of content you access while browsing a website.
Companies acting on our behalf may combine the information collected from your visit to our Website with other information they have collected previously. Your web browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict, reject or disable certain cookies.
Use of Personal Information we Collect
When we collect information from you, we may use it for a number of purposes, including to:
- Process, manage, complete and account for transactions, including purchases and refunds
- Provide our products and services to you and fulfill your gift card orders
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Improve merchandise selections and customer service
- Invite you to participate in customer research
- Notify you about new products, services, features, promotions, events and special offerings relating to CEXpublishing.com we think you will find
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests, comments and inquiries
- Create and manage online accounts you establish
- Administer your participation in promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- Verify your identity in certain instances (such as when you return merchandise or request a refund)
- Protect against, identify and help prevent fraud, unauthorized activity, claims and other liabilities and minimize credit risk
research, and administering our Website
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected online through automated means for purposes such as customizing our users’ visits to CEXpublishing.com, delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Website, measuring and managing the advertising effectiveness of our online and offline advertisements and events, and managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Website, identify users of our Website, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to better meet the needs of our users. In order for us to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and improve our communication with you, we may also supplement the information we collect with other public demographic information.
Links and Co-Branded Sites
Reviewing and Making Changes to Personally Identifiable Information
Visitors may review, change, or delete personal information from our records at any time. If you would like to review, change, or delete your personal information, please contact us at “privacy1 at CEXpublishing dot com” or write us at Comics Experience Publishing, LLC, Attn: Privacy Info, PO Box 552, Shelbyville, KY 40066. If you have requested the deletion of your information, we will immediately delete your information from our database and refrain from collecting any other personally identifiable information. However, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases that may or may not contain personally identifiable information for purposes of identifying purchases made through our Website. This residual information will not be given to any other third-party or used for any commercial purpose.
Security and Integrity of Personal Information
CEXpublishing.com has established and maintains reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information collected by this Site, in compliance with PCI DSS requirements.
Last Updated May 14th, 2021.